AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have a Da-Lite Model C CSR Hi-power 120" sitting on my floor becuase I have no idea how to mount this monster. Need to mount about 10.5' up from floor.

I have a "hollow" cement wall. Not sure how thick. Not sure what kind of monster screws I would use (requires two, one on each end). Do I use toggle bolts? Lead anchors? How to do this with giant washers becuase the frame has gigantic holes where the screws would go

What's the best method? Sorry for bieng such a putz about this...

Help???

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe you need L-brackets to mount to the wall and hang the case from those. Da-Lite sells several lengths of brackets for these, but you can probably go to Home Depot and find some that will work.

You can also hang it from the ceiling.

When you say "hollow cement wall" do you mean plaster? I'd probably hang it from the ceiling.

If it's an old house with true lath and plaster, the slats behind the plaster will be strong enough to support the screen. Use a masonry bit with a regular (non-hammer) drill and use those plastic screw inserts.

If it's something else besides lath and plaster, I'm not sure what it would be if it's not drywall. I would try a studfinder to see if there are studs behind it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. Also, The Model C I have is about 59 lbs. I need to mount this on the wall because my ceiling is too high (16 ft). I guess the wall is plaster -- the building is a pre-war brownstone.

59 lbs doesn't seem bad for some kind of anchor screws on plaster? Not sure how much pressure is exerted when pulling screen to extend.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what kind of screws I should get? I want to install this tonight.

·
Registered
20,813 Posts
If possible try and screw it into wood studs ( buy a stud finder at the hardware store ). I mounted a Da Lite electric screen - more like an 80 pound monster. If you don't have studs where you need them, do what I did. Cut a 2 x 6 or a 2 x 8 the lenght of the screen. Paint the 2 x either the same color as the screen case or the same color as your wall. Mount the 2 x on the wall, screwed into wood studs. Lag screw the screen to the 2 x. Worked great with my electric screen.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep, good advice from Craig P--mount to the studs even if you have to use a ledger board. That way you won't have to every worry about it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice! Looks like I'll have to get some help doing this. I was hoping just to mount this on the wall without much effort...

But I agree this will need a 2x8 mounted to the wood studs, so I can mount the screen case on that 2x8. I'll have to wait a while before I enjoy the full capabilities of my new BenQ 8700.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.