AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MX-850 just started to work crazy, each button is doing something other than what it should be doing. I wanted to clean under the buttons to see if some liquid or dirt is inside, but can not seem to find any screws?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Do a reboot of the remote first. Hold down MAIN and STOP for about 10 seconds until RESET comes up on the screen. Select ALL, then after the remote's rebooted, download your programming to it. If it's still doing the same thing, give URC a call.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is a physical problem, as the remote works OK, its just that you have to press down hard and long on certin keys to get it to work.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
I understand, but I've seen that problem before and sometimes, the reboot solves it. It won't take you more than a few minutes to try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are pieces rattling around inside,and I want to take them out. It still works, but it's annoying to hear the rattling.

Remote is out of warranty, so I will need to handle myself.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_bd /forum/post/15135711

There are pieces rattling around inside,and I want to take them out. It still works, but it's annoying to hear the rattling.

Remote is out of warranty, so I will need to handle myself.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I opened mine to fix a few things, you have to take the whole remote in your hands and twist it like you would ring out a wet towel and with the help of a friend, have them stick a straight screwdriver in the gap the opens then slowly slide it around the remote until it comes open. Be very careful when sliding the driver, theres small tabs that can be broken. GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance47360 /forum/post/15136825

I opened mine to fix a few things, you have to take the whole remote in your hands and twist it like you would ring out a wet towel and with the help of a friend, have them stick a straight screwdriver in the gap the opens then slowly slide it around the remote until it comes open. Be very careful when sliding the driver, theres small tabs that can be broken. GOOD LUCK!!

That why you shouln't use a screwdriver, instead use an old credit card.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts