AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first iPod Classic, and I've set up Playlists on iTunes with songs in a very specific order. But when I transfer the songs to my iPod, the songs get jumbled up even though I have the "Shuffle" feature off. Nothing that I have tried seems to get them into the same order as I have on the Playlist. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem and get my iPod to play songs in the same order as I have them on the playlist?

Thanks for your help.

Cal68

·
Registered
207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 /forum/post/14295721

I just got my first iPod Classic, and I've set up Playlists on iTunes with songs in a very specific order. ...

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem and get my iPod to play songs in the same order as I have them on the playlist?

Note that the iPod allows your music collection to be browsed using several different views, by author, etc. Make sure you check out all the different ways of browsing your playlist(s) as I suspect that may be the issue.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by g501 /forum/post/14300148

Note that the iPod allows your music collection to be browsed using several different views, by author, etc. Make sure you check out all the different ways of browsing your playlist(s) as I suspect that may be the issue.

Hi g501

I did a Google search after I got home last evening and eventually found a link that got me started down the right path. The procedure described was for an older version of iTunes, but using the tips in the posting, I was able to figure out how to specify the order of the songs in my iPod.

It just seems odd to me that the "default" setting appears to result in "shuffling" of the songs when they are transferred from iTunes to the iPod. I would intuitively have thought that the programmers would have set up the settings such that the order of the songs in the playlist on iTunes would be reflected in the iPod. Oh well!

Thanks for your help.

Cal68

1 - 3 of 3 Posts