AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just pulled my old 3030 out of the closet to setup for one of my kids.

The unit has not been plugged in since around early '05. When it dialed in it made a connection, set the clock, set the timezone, but while it was trying to get information on the cable company it disconnected and said there was a network problem. Redial, did not change anything....

How do I force the unit to call in for new local phone numbers?

(cannot find the instructions)

Are the 3030's still functioning?? it was supposed to be a "lifetime" service when we bought these units.... but I did not know if Replay had dropped their support.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Are you using a copper wire telephone service or a VOIP telephone service? Since there can't be anything on it that you still want after that length of time, do a factory reset and it will use the 800 number to get the latest data. In case you have forgotten, that's under 7 7 7 Zones

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Murph I had forgotten.... can't remember more than about 10 minutes these days........

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rats!

Even after re-setting to factory defaults I am still getting the "network connect error" message...

It does dial... then connects.... sets clock... sets timezone.... then the error message

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Double RATS!!

Okay I am just a "dumb-dumb."

I had it connected to a phone line that has a DSL connection on it!

Put the filter in-line and now it works fine...... grrr

Frankly I am kind of impressed and amazed these things still function..... but happy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts