AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to be able to play my old records. I bought a mixer with a phono in hookup and plan to connect that to my PC (through an MAudio Audiophile 2496 PCI card). We already have a phonograph. It's a Gemini PDT-6000. I dug it out of storage. However, after all the moves we'd made, the power cord seems to be misplaced. Any suggestions on how to get everything working together? Should I be looking for another record player/turntable or is there a way to get a power cord for the unit and connect everything so it'll work? I tried contacting the manufacturer about parts, but have not heard back. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

·
Registered
22,845 Posts
The turntable appears to be satisfactory for what you probably want to do.

I'm sure the power cord can be retrofitted. What does the power interface look like on the turntable side?

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmemsm /forum/post/15476254

I'd like to be able to play my old records. I bought a mixer with a phono in hookup and plan to connect that to my PC (through an MAudio Audiophile 2496 PCI card). We already have a phonograph. It's a Gemini PDT-6000. I dug it out of storage. However, after all the moves we'd made, the power cord seems to be misplaced.

I checked the Gemini web site and note that the only picture of a turntable that showed where the power cord plugs in, showed a power cable socket that is clearly a standard "IEC cable" which is the same as one finds used with PC's and a wide variety of other equipment. It's a standard cable that most good electronics and computer stores will have in stock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looked like the plug for the power cord on the phonograph end would fit with a standard PC power cord. I did try plugging one of my old PC cords into it, but it didn't appear to be getting any power to the unit. After reading someone else suggest the same thing, I'll try again with another PC power cord. At least I'm not so worried I'll fry something accidentally. Keeping my fingers crossed that I manage to get this working. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts