AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to stream the audio from Netflix on my Echo Dot. Is there a way to do that using Alexa as the way to control what is played? For instance, I would like to say "Alexa, play the Top 10 in order". How would sign in work?

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
The only method I can think of would be through another device as the player, connected to the Dot via Bluetooth, with playback controlled via the playback device.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only method I can think of would be through another device as the player, connected to the Dot via Bluetooth, with playback controlled via the playback device.
For my purpose then I could just play from the source to the headphones. If I bought an Echo Show I think I can play Netflix on it. Do you know if Alexa can execute a command like “Alexa, play action movies in succession”, or something like that?

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s like listening to waves crashing as a sleeping aide. Turns out it wouldn’t work though because nightly Netflix video stream would eat up my monthly internet data allotment very quickly.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Pretty sure there are plenty of Echo skills for that which are audio-only and wouldn't require Netflix or an Echo Show.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
That's what Amazon calls "apps" for Alexa devices...

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked at the Skills list for movie and tv and it looked like that wouldn’t work. There was an FX skill but it didn’t look like it played a live stream. If it did that could be ideal. But does it stream audio only?

Also, I’m going to look into Directv which I have. The question is whether their receivers have an analog out for a speaker. Probably not.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts