1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my setup:

Intel DH57DD mobo with an i5-660 CPU and 6GB DDR3 1333 RAM

Win 7 Ultimate

I originally tried using the onboard HDMI output but the video suffered severe overscan. I had been previously using a Sapphire HD 5670 graphics card on the previous setup so I installed it in the current setup. This card suffers the exact opposite of the Intel built-in HD graphics in that it doesn't stretch the screen to fill the entire display.

Is there a way to stretch the ATi graphics display to fill the screen?

Conversely, is there a way to shrink the Intel HDMI graphics output to eliminate the overscan?

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
It's not as obvious in Catalyst Control Center as it is with Nvidia. From memory there's some obscure link you click on near the bottom left, and that opens up the controls to change screen size.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Cap'n

Your ATI video card is underscanning. The default on ati cards is about 15% underscan. You want to find this adjustment and set the slider to zero. It can be hard to find, depending on what version of driver you have (they changed it last year). Search ATI overscan and you will find details of how to find it.

BB

edit: Ya, not the drivers but in the ATI CCC. here is another link to the newer versions http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...t=ati+overscan If you have an older version I am pretty sure that it is under the monitor properties tab

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips. I was able to get the image to full screen with just a slight amount of overscan at the top and bottom so that it filled the screen horizontally. I also discovered a setting on my TV that allowed me to center the image as it was slightly skewed to the left. I'll try and set up the Intel graphics output using the provided tips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.