AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I switch between RGB sources without having to adjust geometry and convergence each time I change?

I've been setting up my Barco BG808s and something has stumped me.

I want to feed it both my HTPC and the output from my Dish 6000

and switch between the two with an Extron switcher.

I switch on one of these two sources and go through the setup. Everything looks good.

Then when I switch to the other source the projector syncs to that signal but all my geometry and convergence adjustments have to be done all over again. I assumed that I would have to go through the setup for each source separately one time and then the projector would recognize that source's adjustments and restore them from then on. But when I go back to a source the projector has not retained the settings and I have to go through the geometry and convergence settings once again.

Is there a way to assign all the settings of one source to a memory and all the settings of a different source to another memory and then just tell the projector which one I want to display so that I don't have to go through all the adjustments each time I change sources?

I have both the operation and installation manual but am not finding the answer in either.

Thanks,

Sal

·
Registered
968 Posts
Sal,

The projector should automatically assign a memory block for each source if they are both operating at different scan frequencies. The projector detects if you are ceiling/table and front/rear and looks at the frequencies and tries to make a memory block for that arrangement - or tries to reuse one that's already in memory for those values.

Now if it just so happens that you are running your two sources at the exact same frequencies, then you might have this conflict you're describing.

For assumption's sake, I'll guess that you are running the two sources as RGBHV on the Port 4/5 BNC connectors and that you normally select "5" when you pick your source. The easiest thing to do is use "5" for one source and the "95" source and settings for the other. "5" and "95" are the only way to manually force to a different memory block. Just hit the numbers on the keypad.

There is one other thing that might be causing this problem. If all of your memory blocks are full you might be hitting some kind of software limitation - I'm not sure. Just the same, I would go into the service menu and then "delete a block" and manually delete all the blocks you are not using. For example, if your projector was previously used as table/front and now you're only using ceiling/front then you can safely delete all of the old table/front memory blocks.

I've gotten in the habit of "delete all blocks" whenever I start to set up a projector from scratch. It seems to help keep me from fighting someone else's bad settings and lets me mess up my own.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.