AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If you are referring to watching the shows on either unit from either unit on a network, you do not "transfer" the shows, you stream them directly from the required unit. The guides from up to 8 Replays will show on all the units and you just watch what you want from the particular Replay in the room you want. If you go to a different Replay it will continue to play the show where you left off.

Be prepared for problems if you go wireless. Wireless is junk and Replays are not very tolerant of it's there, it's not there networking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you get the units to see eachother.. I think my linksys router is keeping them from seeing eachother, however darchive sees both of them just fine. Where in the menu do I get started?

thanks

-hex

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
1. Press Replay Guide Button.

2. Press Quick Skip Button.

That should take you to your other Replays guide.

If that don't work, press 2-4-3 ZONES and pick the option to search for other units then go back to #1 above.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The Replays should see each other. In the channel guide, the upper right corner will say "this ReplayTV". If you arrow to this field and left - right arrow you navigate between Replays. While in Replay guide, if you hit skip or revue you move between the differwent Replay guides also. If the Replays do not see each other, you could have the DHCP bug.

Replays should be set to static (easier for IVS) with their ip addresses reserved in the Router (not all routers have this, especially older ones). Set the router's DHCP lease time to max, reserved the Replay ips and save. The router should restart. Reboot the Replays. If you go to "243 Zones" there is an option that says "find other units". You shouldn't need this, but it will find the other Replays instantly as opposed to a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys!

Using the arrow keys in the top left box of the all shows tab on top I was able to see the other unit. However the other unit is not showing recorded materials on my bedroom unit. I can see shows on my computer, none on bedroom unit. The bedroo m unit sees the living room and the computer shows... Does it take time to load up the guide from one unit to the other. I have 160hrs recored on my bedroom unit. And only one show on my living room unit.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
With a huge guide, it may take a secord or 3 to download, after that the guides just update and that takes a second.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Patience Grasshopper, it might even take 10+ seconds.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No shows are showing up from the bed room unit to the living room unit. Could it be that when I adjusted the nice settings for using internet sharing I changed something that allows the unit to see the shows. I can switch to the bedroom unit but i get "all shows contains no channels or no shows".

any ideas?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Might be the infamous ReplayTV DHCP bug. Tell us about your LAN and IP's. What IP's are assigned to the Replays. Are they "fixed"? Do you have a DHCP server?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The new assigned address configs

replay 5xxxx

ip 192.168.1.169

gate 192 168 1 1

with port 6999

linksys dhcp enable

starting ip 100 max dhcp 50

static dns1 192.168.1.169

port forwarding for 6999

client lease time 0

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.