·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've extracted from my HS-2000

via extract-rtv

now how do I play them on my computer.

I used to use my ATI player and it worked,

but I've changed video cards, and the ATI player doesn't play those videos anymore.

Which other player plays these replaytv mpegsI've tried windows media play 7.0 but it doesn't seem to work either.

thanks for any help

ps I have win2000/Athlon XP1600+/512MB ram

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
is the elecard decoder considered the best mpeg2 decoder out there?

I don't believe I have it installed on my system, and the quality of extracted files (using replayer w/ 4040) is not very good. Definately a lot less quality than viewing from the replay.

After installing, how do I make it my preferred codec? Do I have to do anything specific?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Any software DVD player will install a mpeg2 codec with it, and will play ReplayTV mpeg2 files. If you have a DVD player in your computer - just point it to play the media, instead of the DVD in the drive. Message me if you need to try a copy for comparison with elecard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, rookie question...

When I loaded the elecard decoder on WinXP Media Player 8, I can play the mpeg, but the aspect ratio doesn't look right. Video is tall and narrow with black bars on the left and right side. Simple fix?

TIA,

D-CLAW

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Simple fix is go full screen.

Better fix is use a dvd player like windvd :)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Or try different codecs. I haven't tried Elecard, but I use Win Media PLayer 8 on XP with the Cinemaster codecs (not free - $15 download here ). Works great on my extracted Replay 4000 files.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.