AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
You need to get a Y adaptor and the bass shakers will come off the LFE output just like a subwoofer. It helps if the amp you get has some adjustment in the way of a gain control which will act like a separate volume for the shakers. This way you can dial in the effect (the intensity of the shake) of the shakers so they are not distracting and add just the right compliment to the action.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpmbc /forum/post/19549052

You need to get a Y adaptor and the bass shakers will come off the LFE output just like a subwoofer. It helps if the amp you get has some adjustment in the way of a gain control which will act like a separate volume for the shakers. This way you can dial in the effect (the intensity of the shake) of the shakers so they are not distracting and add just the right compliment to the action.

Any suggestions on an amplifier? Amazon is suggesting this:

http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AM...d_bxgy_e_img_c

AudioSource AMP-100 2-Channel Bridgeable Stereo Power Amplifier

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I drive 4 Aura bass shakers with a Parts Espress bash 300w amp. I have the shakers wired to give me a total of a 4ohm load (you must wire these like you would subs). I only use about 1/4 of the amps gain....although I really don't like to run them hot...my IB doesn't need help I just like a little kick when it's turned down. 150w would probably be plenty for 4. I mounted them to the back of the bottom frame of each of my theater chairs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts