AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Toshiba TZ55X71 HDTV ready TV that I am trying to get connected to my PC through a ATI Radeo 9600 XT video card. I am using PowerStrip.

I have followed every instruction I can find on this forum and others and still have not been able to get a good picture. I can get a good picture that is missing 35-40% of the image or I can get a full view of the image but the image is crap; bad colors, etc.

This model TV is about 4 years old, so the specs in the owners manual does not tell me anything I can use, or if it does I sure don't recognize it as such. I've attached a jpg containing a scan of the owners manual specs so you can see if I've overlooked something.

So, please help me out by telling me what question I should ask of Toshiba about my TV? What do I need to know?

I'm 1 month and about $1200 into this HTPC thing and am about ready to concede that I am just not a big enough geek to put up with the crap to get it working! Either that or I am just too stupid.

Thanks for any coaching you can give me!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Have you tried adding FFDshow, this would allow you to fine tune the image to fit the screen. I am sure I am right on that one, if not I am sure someone in the forum will put you on the right path! HTPC's are simple usually to put together, just a bugger to fine tune to what you want it to do..:)

Mark

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
A TV with a Digital Video Interface would allow 1:1 pixel mapping, which I believe is the image you are looking for. That said, the reason most people use an HTPC is to maintain a digital signal from source to display in the case of DVDs and minimize D/A and A/D conversions. Still, you should be able to get at least a decent image from your HTPC through a component connection with a minimum of tweaking. Recheck your Radeon settings and make sure you have the latest down loads from ATI, then tweak through Powerstrip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.