AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I send my DTV signal from my sat rec. to other rooms in the house without paying the $5 so called rental for each box. I have the HR20 w/5 lmb dish. My remote is capable of RF so I can take it to other rooms as need be. I want to eliminate the other boxes and have the one, or does someone know a better way? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For all tv's to display the same signal is ok, we only view one at a time, and my remote is rf capable so we can make channel selections without being in the line of sight to the reciever. Would I need a power switch of some type to split the signal up (to possibly 3 other sets/rooms) after it leaves the reciever? Is there one recommended? Would the signal still be of decent quality? I'm not wanting the additional boxes for each set. I want to simply run the coax directly into the the tv as a monitor. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes HR20 is HD. My other sets I want to go to are SD, and I don't think they are even digital ready, although they do display dvd's, which are digital input, right? I don't know a lot about this, whether it's possible or not. Anyone know? Thanks

·
Registered
17,223 Posts
The HR20 would also have to simultaneously output SD (480i) from another output to connect the distribution device to. I don't know if it can do that or not - we'll have to wait for someone who knows for sure here to answer that.

The SD TV's having a digital tuner doesn't make any difference, because you cannot use them to decode the satellite channels. They'll only receive over-the-air or cable signals.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That makes sense. The HR20 will do all the decoding ect..before it would reach the other sets..... So if it sends a 1080i or 720p signal to a SD set, what will it look like on the tube, or will the SD set even display the 1080i signal..? I know I'm not going to get high def from the SD sets, that's not the point, I simply want the programming without the need of the additional boxes. Will it display a picture at all? Somebody must know the details to this, I've heard of people trying/doing something like this, I've just never followed up to know what the details are to be considered. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
You just run a composite or s-video cable to the other displays. The HR20 has all output active simultaneously. Picture quality will not be the best.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Then would I go into the HR20 set up and select all the resolutions(480i-1080i) in order to make them available for the SD sets? What type of switch/splitter would I need after the HR20 to branch out to the SD sets, (possibly three different SD sets)? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.