AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear that many games look brighter or washed out for the ps3 as opposed to the 360 counterpart, is this true. I did hear a way around it though, you have to have hdmi cabels and turn on some settings and that will make it look the same as the 360 counterpart. Why is that. I dont have an hdmi t.v so I just want the same or even better graphics. So for someone like me without an hdmi t.v and being unable to turn a few settings on, will the games look washed out or brighter then the 360 versions?

I also dont make any adjustments to settings for xbox 360. I play both on default settings with component cabels at 720p. Why should I need hdmi and to turn on a few settings for the games to look as good as the 360 version which is only using component and default settings. I dont know what RGB is and I probley need an hdmi t.v to use it. I have LTV 30w2 westinghouse LCD t.v, will that support the RGB change to make games look better?

·
Banned
9,953 Posts
they looks fine.

Some games by some devs have this issue, but it's not exactly "washed out", just a different color temperature.

Most games have brightness and gama displays that will allow you to set it as nessasary.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I would think it depends on the game and how the developer implemented colors within each development platform.

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
Moral of the story: don't believe everything you hear.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Some games like madden 08 had beeter 360 graphics. 60 fps vs 30fps. But that is in the past. Everything looks very similiar for the most part. The ps3 is great blu ray play. It has some good games. Surely you have room in your heart for more then one console

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I would suggest you go to gamerankings.com and look at the reviews and compare. Many mention the differences. Also you can check places on the web to see about games like Grand Theft Auto that run at a lower resolution on the PS3.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable /forum/post/14310879

Did you even read the OT you troll?

Now thats not very nice. But of course I am not surprised.

He is hoping to make games look better. There are certainly reason he can't always do that by changing settings. Now I could have thrown personal opinion at him but I thought there are plenty of reviews explaining why things look different (look at mbrodie617's post here) and I figured he might as well be pointed in that direction. If he disagrees oh well, I tried to help.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Frank, you did the right thing. You provided the OP with a resource to obtain information about the visual differences between platforms for a specific game.

If someone has a problem with it, it just shows their fanboy-ism and the fact that they would rather put their head in the sand than accept the truth and demand better if it's not to their liking.

·
Registered
545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 /forum/post/14310610

Moral of the story: don't believe everything you hear.

Brandon

Exactly the case....besides, don't think of it as different, there just not the same

There is/can be a slight difference, (depending on the developer creating the title) but it's not "night and day", not really massive issue IMO.

Although I will say that there was a substantial difference going from component to HDMI, at least in my case and with my set-up there was. The colors were more vibrant, my black levels were a bit darker and overall my display seemed to have better definition...than again this probably goes without saying

1 - 10 of 10 Posts