AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a few of you who had "icons" (pictures of the DVD case) and i'm assuming would click on these to play the movie from your hard drive. How do you set this up. I copied Finding Nemo over last night and is saved (on my dektop for now) in a folder called Video_ts. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just go to amazon, search for the title I've ripped, save the DVD case image to disk, convert it to an icon file then create a new shortcut pointing to theatertek. set up your command line in target, switch icons and it's good to go.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Originally posted by jimijam
I just go to amazon, search for the title I've ripped, save the DVD case image to disk, convert it to an icon file then create a new shortcut pointing to theatertek. set up your command line in target, switch icons and it's good to go. [/QUOTE

Thanks! That sounds great! Being a newbie to the HTPC could i ask you to go into a little more detail? I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks again for your response!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Mmm, take a look at xlobby, http://www.xlobby.com/ or DVD Lobby Pro (cant remember the url offhand, do a search in here)

They are both lobby type programs that are pretty simple to setup for single click playback of archived DVD's.

-pd

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
FYI, and it doesn't matter so much for icons but makes a wee bit of difference within myHTPC; buy.com has 500x500 whereas amazon has 300x300 images.

·
Registered
822 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I would think the quickest easiest way would be to get dvdprofiler.com and it is a completely automated process.

That is what I use. THe only thing is you got to spring for the high quality version, it is worth it anyway because it gets rid of the ads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.