AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a long year of enjoying my G11 as an excellent display device/hair dryer/room heater :D, I'm now ready to do the final in wall inverted install, Panamorph in hand. :)

There are two adjustable legs that will unscrew but not completely come out. One in the front and one on the rear/side. I see the other threaded hole under the rubber plug.

When the bolts are screwed out entirely, they just flop around. Something is holding them in.

My usual course of action would be to tug, pry or hammer until they give, but I'm not that frustrated yet.

How do these come out? Or do you just cut the round plastic foot and bolt head off and use the existing bolts?

Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey Chris,

As above. The screws have threads, then a gap, then threads again. If you pull and continue to unscrew, the final short segment of threads will engage and they'll come out.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

When these studs come out, is there then a female threaded secure place to insert another(longer) piece of thread stock?

Chris

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it!

Thanks again guys.

When you seem to get to the end, you just tug up pretty firmly and it kinda snaps to the lower threads that unscrew and then leaves you with a threaded female hole. Cool design. :)

Chris

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes, they'll take a regular metric bolt of the same diameter. Check out http://www.theaterphile.com/construction.htm for a good DIY guide. I couldn't find a bolt as long as specified, but it still worked fine. Two of the feet you can use as are, if you are hanging it from a shelf.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hello Chris,

When I mounted mine, I didn't use a thick piece of wood to mount the DILA but used a stainless steel plate that I had which was approximately 1/8-3/16th" thick to mount the DILA inverted. Since the plate was thin enough I did not need longer bolts.

I was able to use the original front 8mm and the smaller 5mm threaded legs. You will need to get one 8mmx125 (m8x125) bolt or longer depending on how thick your mounting plate is going to be. I got mine at Home Depot which carried them in a special pull out bin. If you have a Home Depot near by, they should have them. If I had known you were ready to mount yours, I could have brought one to you :) but as you know I'm already on my way to Lake Havasu.

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.