AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hooked up the xbox to my Panny PLasma (6uy) via component. Have enabled all the settings in the XBOX and cannot get WS on either game.

In ESPN NFL - Get narrow black bars alongs side the picture.

In Syberia I get a 4:3 screen after the cut sccene(cut scene is in WS). I then triede all the settings, i.e. WS 480 only, 702 only etc. To no avail.

However if I setthe screen in the xbox to normal and the output to 1080 only, I get a sorts letterboxed version of WS. Fills most of the screen with some black bars along the side and narrows ones along the top and bottom.

So how does one actually see these game sin WS? What are the receommended sttings? Normal/WS?

Thanks

Therese

·
Registered
141 Posts
Quote:
In ESPN NFL - Get narrow black bars alongs side the picture.
If these bars are more narrow than you normally see for 4:3 material, then you are eperiencing the same thing I am. The picture doesn't quite make it across the whole screen.

Quote:
In Syberia I get a 4:3 screen after the cut sccene(cut scene is in WS). I then triede all the settings, i.e. WS 480 only, 702 only etc. To no avail.
Syberia is 720p but is 4:3 only, kinda like Soul Calibur.

Sounds like you've done everything right.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, The black bars for ESPN NFL are very narow. Much more so than what you typically see for 4:3 material.

The game play and graphics are awesome, so am not complaining. Just wanted to know if there is a way to get rid of those. (Would ease my worries about burn in when the kids play.)

They no longer want to play these games on their set:), want to play on my plasma and if I can get rid of the black bars all will be right with the world!

Syberia was for me and on Normal under 1080, this seems to be about the best I can get it.

Hoping to find TW 2004 tonite, as my fav game was 2003, but I beat it very early!

Therese

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.