AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just got a new girlfriend and was over at her place for the first time and her place is all immaculate with show towels in the bathroom, a real piano in the living room, matching couches with pictures on the walls. Then, her TV is this dinky old school 20" tube.

The TV is sitting over the fireplace mantle. I thought about if I wanted to move in with her, where would my gear go?
Uh oh. There is no spot for my center channel under the TV!
I would bet she would only do dinky little Bose speakers. Errrrrr!

I don't know if this relationship is going to work.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Plenty other fish/you could do much better/her priorities aren't your priorities/she's just not that into you/she's been running around behind your back, you know

·
Premium Member
8,419 Posts
Bro she's a new girl, and you're already thinking about moving in?
She must be some gal
Take it slow, I'm the last person to be giving any love advice, but if you're feeling like this now things usually goo down south from there..

I've been to some ladies places in the past, and these ladies make my paychecks curl of embarrassment(Duplex condo in NYC
), and they don't have no quality gear! but they mostly spend their cash in bags and shoes which cost a few times my HT/2CH gear easily.

DJoel

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
The key words here are NEW GIRL FRIEND. SLOOWWW down there. I have seen several people get into these rushed train wrecks. Strong foundations for buildings are not made in a day and neither are solid foundations for relationships. It's to soon to be thinking about how your AV gear will mesh with her things in one house hold. If you move in with her to soon and things don't work out you may not have any AV gear left to worry about. Im married and have been for a while now. It took a long time for me to get where Im at, but I like it. It takes daily work and effort to make it work properly. Please don't mistake this as telling you what to do with your life.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy91
Hey,

I just got a new girlfriend and was over at her place for the first time and her place is all immaculate with show towels in the bathroom, a real piano in the living room, matching couches with pictures on the walls. Then, her TV is this dinky old school 20" tube.

The TV is sitting over the fireplace mantle. I thought about if I wanted to move in with her, where would my gear go?
Uh oh. There is no spot for my center channel under the TV!
I would bet should would only do dinky little Bose speakers. Errrrrr!

I don't know if this relationship is going to work.
I imagine she's posting something similar on another forum about those couches of yours.

Ron

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldoCombs
I imagine she's posting something similar on another forum about those couches of yours.

Ron
She hasn't seen my bachelor pad yet.
I don't think she would want to move in there. After seeing her place, she's obviously real meticulous about things and likes to make things look all nice. I'm no good at that, but then, that's why guys end up with women or we would live in a fairly bare looking place with neon beer signs and sports posters and big Cerwin Vega speakers with gigantic amps. That actually doesn't sound like a bad life.
Bah, well, I'm lucky to be dating anyone with the way I am. She's definitely dating under her level, but I'm not going to point that out to her.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub
We need pictures of her, including a full frontal (clothing optional), before we can offer any advice.
+1 I'm with Craig on this one.

Quote:
I don't think she would want to move in there. After seeing her place, she's obviously real meticulous about things and likes to make things look all nice. I'm no good at that, but then, that's why guys end up with women or we would live in a fairly bare looking place with neon beer signs and sports posters and big Cerwin Vega speakers with gigantic amps. That actually doesn't sound like a bad life.
Bah, well, I'm lucky to be dating anyone with the way I am. She's definitely dating under her level, but I'm not going to point that out to her.
She definitely sounds like a nice girl. You think those are negatives, but trust me. You want those qualities in a girl. If she's that meticulous about her things, she's most likely meticulous about her men also and that's a good thing. As for how you snagged her... just consider yourself lucky.

·
Premium Member
8,419 Posts
Quote:

Sounds to me you'll be one of those guys around here with LIFE STYLE SPEAKERS

Good luck, who knows she might bee the 1.

Djoel

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Dont be intimidated by what she and her place looks like. She is still human. Don't let your self esteem fall. Just so you know I am married and have 11 Cerwin Vega speakers in my living room and several dedicated amplifiers, as well as other equipment in the rack. The mains are as big as a medium sized refrigerator and the 4 subs are about the size of medium sized filing cabinets. My side surrounds are bigger than most peoples mains. I had some AV equipment when me and my wife first got together. But I built the big system after we got married. She's alright with it. Im very lucky.The point is that if she is the right one for you she will not hold you back from interests or hobbies or pre judge you for the ones you are already into. If she does then I would suggest that you keep looking. You can date her for as long as you want if there are things that you don't see eye to eye on. Thats why it's called dating. Then you can move onto something else if you decide that this isn't going to work.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Quote:
She's definitely dating under her level, but I'm not going to point that out to her.
Don't worry you won't have to.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Make sure she is not taking any "special" meds.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYHDTV
Make sure she is not taking any "special" meds.
Great advice. I used to have a friend that was stuck on a girl that should of been taking "special meds". She was a real nut case. He stayed with her out of desperation for companionship. Notice I said used to be friends. She convinced him that he didn't need any of his friends.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Timothy,

This kind of diversity is a good thing. You will both have a great time introducing each other to new things. Keep an open mind. It was the same with my GF. All she had for music was a small boom box. I can't tell you (well can't post it any way) all the different ways we have discovered each others tastes. Let's put it this way, I made my first move with a bottle of wine, candle light and my stereo system playing softly to set the mood just right.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.