AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
What is the proper way to adjust brightness using the test patterns? Should one be using the color bar pattern or the greyfield screen? I used the greyfield screen to raise the brightness till all steps of gray were visible. Thanks

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCircuitCity /forum/post/0

That is so cool!

Is there anywhere that discusses the sections of the pattern screen (screen 2)?

Gary

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumi /forum/post/0

Could you please elaborate how? That interests me -- and probably a lot of other people too.

Once you're at the disc menu press the green Triangle symbol. This will give you the necessary extra "buttons".

Gary

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialog_gvf /forum/post/0

Once you're at the disc menu press the green Triangle symbol. This will give you the necessary extra "buttons".

Gary

I was able to punch in the code and then I hit "enter". Nothing happened. The disc I was using was Underworld Evolution. Do this at the main menu, right? I couldn't get it to work.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalry12 /forum/post/0

What is the proper way to adjust brightness using the test patterns? Should one be using the color bar pattern or the greyfield screen? I used the greyfield screen to raise the brightness till all steps of gray were visible. Thanks

Click this post post for links on setting your gray scale.

The black to white (linear or step ramp) test pane is for checking your gray scale tracking. Do not use it for Black (Brightness) & White (Contrast) level adjustments, use the color bar test pane for that.

·
Registered
307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland /forum/post/0

Click this post post for links on setting your gray scale.

The black to white (linear or step ramp) test pane is for checking your gray scale tracking. Do not use it for Black (Brightness) & White (Contrast) level adjustments, use the color bar test pane for that.

Thank you very much. Finally, I can get the brightness dialed in properly.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariachi /forum/post/0

I was able to punch in the code and then I hit "enter". Nothing happened. The disc I was using was Underworld Evolution. Do this at the main menu, right? I couldn't get it to work.

same here with BHD... I did it at the main menu and also when the movie was playing.. Any suggestion? Thanks

·
Banned
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 /forum/post/0

same here with BHD... I did it at the main menu and also when the movie was playing.. Any suggestion? Thanks

Has to be a Sony movie...i.e. Talledaga Nights...Underworld Evolution....

btw can anyone explain what to do at each screen in laymens terms?? I am so new to this and anyone who could break it down to the littlest bit would greatly help me..

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon /forum/post/0

if you are gonna use your ps3 as a blu ray machine, you should get the remote for sure. Makes everything so much easier.

Actually, I kinda like how easy the PS3 controller is with Blu ray playback. The last thing I need is another remote on my coffee table.

Marc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.