AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've just received this as part of my new PC. The quality of the screen looks fine but the screen is sitting at a strange angle. Its 1-2 degrees tilting forward, whereas my monitor they gave me at work tilts about the same amount but backwards.

I cannot see how to adjust the angle of the Samsung. I emailed the PC supplier and they said "It's the screen itself you want to move, as the tilt is at the end of the stand that meets the screen. Put one hand on the stand, and then pull the bottom of the screen away from the stand and it should tilt back."

I've tried to follow those instructions but there doesn't seem to be any amount of give, and it just stays at the same angle.

I don't want to risk breaking the stand, but I also can't stand viewing the monitor at this strange angle.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
If you find out how, let me know!

I just got one also, and it's propped up on books.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedskater /forum/post/19611276

If you find out how, let me know!

I just got one also, and it's propped up on books.

I'm beginning to think there isn't any adjustment.

When I affixed the angled stem into the "shoe" section of the stand before affixing the screw I noticed that it wouldn't sit fully flush. I had two attempts before giving up. I assumed there must be some adjustment but there doesn't seem to be. Although the specs do seem to say that there is a 1 degree +/- adjustment but I just can't see what it would be that provides this.

It's really annoying me, I might detach the stand and try to refit it flush.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Speedskater,

I've figured it out.

When the stand connector is affixed to the base there is a screw on the underneath that needs to be tightened. I had done this but not realised that it had not gone as far as the maximum. There is a ring connected to the connecting screw and I had left this ring flat and just rotated it until it stopped moving.

This time however I pulled the ring down and rotating that allowed me to tighten it properly. Before this I think pressing the monitor screen flexed the connector.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts