AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Press the info button. Its the one with an "i" on it. IIRC its second bottom on the right.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/14209459

Best post ever CM! Who could quarrel with that?

Thanks Mark. I aim to please.

·
Registered
21,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giberson /forum/post/14209736

how about chassis hours?

The date of manufacture is on the chassis. Take today's date and deduct the date of manufacture. Take those number of days X 24. That is total hours that the chassis has been fully manufactured and has existed.

[email protected]@

See if Coldmachine can give you this "good" an answer.

More seriously, do the hours in the menu go back to zero when you put in a new bulb. Or is there a reset mechanism? Or do the hours continue to accumulate in the menu????

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Its not like a CRT where there are standby (chasis hours) and high voltage plates on (tube hours other than filaments). Thee is a lamp mmeter. when the machine cools it really isn't on except for a start up sensing circuit. kinda hard to put wear on a bulb projector when the bulb isn't on.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky /forum/post/14209842

More seriously, do the hours in the menu go back to zero when you put in a new bulb. Or is there a reset mechanism? Or do the hours continue to accumulate in the menu????

I believe theres a reset in the service menu, otherwise they accumulate.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
There is a reset. Every projector has a bulb or tube hours reset. Some require service menu and/or access codes. Without a reset, the meter wouldn't be accurate after bulb replacement or even useful unless one were to remember the hours when the bulb was replaced and could do the extremely high level subtractional computation to get the hours on the replacement bulb.

God. what an almost worthless thread. Let's see if we can get it to three pages.

·
Registered
21,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/14210120

There is a reset. every projector has a bulb or tube hours reset. some require service menu and/or access codes. Without a reset, the meter wouldn't necessarily be accurate after bulb replacement.

God. what an almost worthless thread let's see if we can get it to three pages.

I'll [email protected]@

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Solid. I knew we could count on you. What the world really needs is a Steve B. meter. The best measurement units would be billable hours.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Worthless thread! Well, sort of. I rely on you "AVS Special Member" types as an ill form of entertainment.

Okay, serious question again. As I am looking at used units, the total time on the projector is of interest to me. I not sure what the useful life of a C3X-E is, but anyone selling a used one can reset the lamp time and basically state that the unit has never been used, right? I am not interested in knowing the time on the device as a mechanism for maintenance, but one to determine the value of the used equipment; this example being somewhat analogous to a trip odometer vs. total miles odometer on a car.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
True don. anyone one can reset the lamp meter at any time. Even if codes are needed, they are easily obtainable. the purpose of lamp meters is to inform the user when it is time to replace the lamp. Sometimes for safety. when a predetermined number of hours is reached,some projectors won't operate any more unless the meter is reset. Hopefully the person replacing the bulb at reset time, but then again.

my electrohome CR front projector has a chasis meter and a tube meter. The tube meter is resettable. a super secret code known only by very few individuals is needed to reset te chasis meter.

You are pretty much on your own re a digital projector. but the worst less a bulb explosion from being run too many hours would be the cost of buying a new bulb. If someting else might fail, it could be the power supply due to long use. most other things on a three chip machine should last almost forever regardless of how long run absent say a need to clean dust out, clean or replace filters, or maybe replace a cooling fan. not a lot of moving parts in these babies and not a lot of high voltage stuff. the highest voltage is probably to run the bulb.

BTW Some of us are sick, but hopefully not ill.
CM is a degenerate.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
The C3X-E was introduced approximately one year ago, so the maximum it could be is 1 yr old. With this class machine I wouldn't worry about how many total hours are on it. Just slap a new lamp in it and it'll be like new.

I speak from a little experience as I'm on my 3rd lamp on my much older C3X 720 with well over 1000 hrs on each lamp and it's as good as new each time I've put in a new lamp.

Bob

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, here is the rubber meets the road question. You guys in the know, is a C3X-E worth $2,500 more than a 777 given newer technology and more bells and whistles. Phrased differently, which would you buy given the price delta?

·
Registered
21,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/14210341

Solid. I knew we could count on you. What the world really needs is a Steve B. meter. The best measurement units would be billable hours.

But I generally don't bill per hour. I will take 1/3 the value of your AV component for which I give advise. HA!

It is fortunate that Showtime's new "Secret Diaries of a Call Girl" changes the names of folks involved to protect the guilty. Current and former White House lawyers likely used this service. But fortunately for my friend (and Sim2 dealer) Mark Haflich, Mark is "so old" and was a White House attorney

(Commerce Dept.) actually in the White House a lot so many years ago

(Nixon) that he's not involved, though some of his younger buddies probably are. You wonder why they call Bill Clinton's ex counsel "Dick" Morris?

Worthless thread. I think not!

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/14209569

Shoot. I am to score!

Do you ever succeed? Tell me your secret.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky /forum/post/14209842

See if Coldmachine can give you this "good" an answer.

Taking it up a notch, Steve?

You must be the Cage Fighter of "Good" answerers.

·
Registered
21,578 Posts
1 - 20 of 74 Posts