Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using MainLobby as my HTPC GUI.

It's easy enough to use Mainlobby to start up Winamp 2.xx and then using the normal keystrokes to control winamp functions is easy enough, but what's the easiest way to shutdown winamp? I want to set up a button to close winamp down and go to another mainlobby scene, but I don't know how!

I would have posted a thread on the Mainlobby forum but it seems to be down at the moment.

Currently I've got a button to launch winamp 2.xx, and run it in a shell. This way it's nice and easy to use the standard winamp keystrokes to control it. It's just the shutting down I haven't figured out yet.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Ross

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there,

Yeah, I could use Girder to do this. In all probability there's likely about a hundred ways of doing this - I was just looking for the easiest way!

I use a Girder script to kill off the annoying Interactual/PC Friendly players that pop-up when inserting a DVD, but that's it so far. I'm sure that Girder would do a very good job handling something like that, but I'm still not comfortable using Girder yet, so I was hoping for a simpler solution.

Alt-F4 sounds like a reasonable solution, although trying to teach my Pronto that command may be a bit tricky. But that's the best one so far.

I thought perhaps setting up a batch file could also be a good solution - then I could just choose what I want to trigger it, although I've no idea what the command syntax would be.

Any further thoughts?

Ross

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for chiming in Karnis,

It looks like that might be the way to do it!

Do you teach the Pronto yourself, or did you use an existing ccf from remotecentral?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.