AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I bought a Highpoint Rocket Raid 622 card with 2 eSATA inputs for my WHS box but I dont wish to use any form of RAID, I simply want to expand the number of drives via on my WHS via eSATA.

Unfortunately, I see no options other than a RAID configuration, I would like to be able to see each of the 4 drives individually on my WHS, does anyone know how I can accomplish this with this card?

·
Registered
174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT /forum/post/19522077

Hi guys,

I bought a Highpoint Rocket Raid 622 card with 2 eSATA inputs for my WHS box but I dont wish to use any form of RAID, I simply want to expand the number of drives via on my WHS via eSATA.

Unfortunately, I see no options other than a RAID configuration, I would like to be able to see each of the 4 drives individually on my WHS, does anyone know how I can accomplish this with this card?

Wouldn't you just do a ctrl-h when your PC is booting up and get into the Highpoint configuration BIOS and choose JBOD instead of RAID?

Gerry

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky /forum/post/19522433

Wouldn't you just do a ctrl-h when your PC is booting up and get into the Highpoint configuration BIOS and choose JBOD instead of RAID?

Gerry

I guess the difference is that I'd like my WHS box to see each harddrive individually, when configured as a JBOD they appear as one big drive under WHS. As such, I don't know what this would imply in the event of a drive failure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts