AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a BD808 and I want to be able to send it a signal from LD-svideo, DVD-component, HDSTB-component or RGB, cable- component or svideo and VCR- composite.

I'm curious as to what people are using for a processor and/or switcher?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
HTPC.

And a mixture of dog food and left over breakfast cereal. :)

Seriously, my only sources are DVD and svideo. DVD is played by TheaterTek directly on the HTPC. svideo, DScaler on the HTPC.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
HTPC

And it can scale all those external sources also.

Troy

·
Registered
733 Posts
HTPC only. All other sources go through the HTPC via a capture card.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sony 1292 with 2 RBGHV input cards.

Card#1: Centerstage-2 Scaler (litter over 1 year old): TV/DISH/VCR/DVD/XBOX all go in and out at 720p to the Proj

Card#2: HTPC (brand new): in the middle of tweaking the setup but plan on doing DVDs, hopefully HDTV recording (no hardware yet - still seeking advice), some gaming

Warren

·
Registered
360 Posts
1) Hi-Def Satellite - VGA out to a Extron switch.

2) HTPC - Holograph 3D-II/HD Aux - VGA out to Extron switch.

3) VGA to RGBHV into projector.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
HTPC for DVD playback and HDTV via satellite.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
dvd playback only, and thru a htpc..using a extron 109 currently.

brickie

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Two RGB input cards

1) HTPC-Theatertek for DVD. Dscaler for laserdisc and preamp menu

2) HiDef - JVC 30k & Motorola 5100 HD cable box through Kramer switcher

·
Registered
39 Posts
HTPC with a Radeon 8500

Fusion HDTV II tuner card is used for analog/highdef

PowerDVD for DVD

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
2 RGB inputs

DVD -Sat(Pan STB)

Lumagen Vision scalar.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Barco Graphics 800:

DVD (component), Laserdisc Player (S-video), S-VHS (of course) connection all into Denon 5803 which converts signals to component. With an RCA to BNC (component) connection to Faroudja VP-301, and finally 5-BNC out to 5-BNC Barco. For HDSTB, VGA (HD-15) to Barco (DB-9) special pinout cable. Swithcher may be needed if additional high def sources are needed. Goog luck!

IMaStar

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Basic HTPC:

-> DVD/CD video

-> S-video input via STB TV-Tuner with DScaler (for analog cable, VHS, and SVHS)

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Belcherwm
I'm seeing a definite slant towards HTPC. Will a "capture" card be able to handle a half dozen inputs?
We CRT folk love our HTPCs...

No capture card has that many inputs. You might need to run two capture cards (expensive and tricky). Best bet here would be to get a good remote controlled video switcher. Better if it was controllable via an RS-232 port so the HTPC can control it directly.

I'm sure Extron makes these. :) Check ebay. Another option is just take the video output of a receiver and run it into the HTPC.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
I switch my video inputs via my receiver and use the capture card / HTPC combo to drive the PJ. My one composite video device is converted to S-video via an in-line converter (cost = $6).

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a Hipix DTV-200 HDTV tuner card in my computer. I use an external DVD player switched through my video receiver's S-video inputs. Receiver's S-video routed into the Hipix card. Hipix card drives a BG808; Hipix digital audio routed back to the receiver. There is a way to use the computer's internal DVD player with the Hipix card but I can't get it to work. No one else seems to use the Hipix card. How are other people receiving HD broadcast?

Jimmy

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.