AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

How do you find using the Irule on an Ipad or Iphone, vs an IR/RF Universal Remote. My concern is that is that you have to keep looking up and down between the TV and ipad when using it, vs a Universal remote which you can navigate generally by touch while still looking at the TV.

My usage would be with bluray players and a HTPC

any feed back is appreciated.

capall

·
Registered
55 Posts
One thing about the iRule I really like is custom buttons with custom commands, there is no limitation. Using it for remote controlling Windows Media Center requires an agent software that is rather unstable and dated "MCEController".

I also used an IR remote, in a completely dark room, I couldn't see it either.

After playing with both, I would rather a full featured RF remote with spare buttons for custom commands. The standard MCE style remote lacks spare buttons. I"m not finding good RF remotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capaill /forum/post/20843835

hi all,

How do you find using the Irule on an Ipad or Iphone, vs an IR/RF Universal Remote. My concern is that is that you have to keep looking up and down between the TV and ipad when using it, vs a Universal remote which you can navigate generally by touch while still looking at the TV.

My usage would be with bluray players and a HTPC

any feed back is appreciated.

capall

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.