AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming I have a HDTV and a HDTV receiver and a DirecTV setup how do I get HDTV? Does DirecTV send out the HDTV signals for my local channels (provided I get local channels through DirecTV) or do I have to get the OTA? How do I get my HBO and SHOWTIME in HD, is that through DirecTV? How exactly does this work?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
U get HBO and HDNET directly from DirecTV, assuming you have Oval Dish (one with 2 thingies in the front) and have HDTV DirecTV reciever... Then u will have HBO and that other channel transmitted to u in HDTV 16x9, full blast....

for any other local HDTV, u wuold definitely need OTA antenna..

Check out www.titantv.com and www.antennaweb.org for more info...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sizam
Assuming I have a HDTV and a HDTV receiver and a DirecTV setup how do I get HDTV? Does DirecTV send out the HDTV signals for my local channels (provided I get local channels through DirecTV) or do I have to get the OTA? How do I get my HBO and SHOWTIME in HD, is that through DirecTV? How exactly does this work?

Thanks

·
Registered
750 Posts
 Here is a link to the Atlanta Digital TV website. The page for which I've provided a link answers the "how?" question about receiving HDTV (it is specific to Atlanta, but general enough that you'll get it). There is also a FAQ that deals with HBO versus networks.

As pointed out above, the only way to get networks is over-the-air (OTA). You can get HBO-HD from DirecTV and/or HBO-HD and Showtime-HD from Dish Network.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.