AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping some people who have communicated with Cygnus can enlighten me.

For the past two weeks I have been sending messages to [email protected]

I have received no replies of any kind. Then today I found out from AVS that Cygnus "misplaced" my order information from the first power buy.

I only want to sell my Panamorph to one of the many people who have indicated an interest to buy it. Can someone please tell me how to get Cygnus to respond to an e-mail.

I will be forever grateful.

[This message has been edited by Jim Tittle (edited 08-21-2001).]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Shawn.

Are you shipping, or is there some hold up?

------------------

--Bob

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I am pretty sure that the shipping order is screwy... People who have been vocal to Shawn (but still early buyers as well of course) have received Pannies... Yet others who have ordered on day 1 and are in the first batch (Jim in this thread) have not received it yet...

I was told by Shawn that Jim Saxon was the last order of the initial batch (June 20th order) yet I know that Pannie has shipped...

It has all gone quiet on the Pannie front as some start to get into peoples hands (good show) but I really think there is a need for a "you are xxx position in line and we are producing them at xxx per day / week..." As it is it just seems pot luck as to waiting on email...

I guess there are no more hassles and the production is now full speed as we have not had nay bad news and the update page has not been updated in a long time, so is there a reason why some info on production rate and guestimates of shipping is a problem..

------------------

[email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
This may be cold comfort, but at least Cygnus is actually shipping something... things could be much, much worse. For example, you could be one of the abused customers of the infamous 169Time Company. Those poor saps will be waiting until winter for their modified DTC-100's...

...winter in h-e-double-chopsticks, that is.

------------------

Scott Gammans
DFAST is EVIL! BOYCOTT ANTI-CONSUMER 5C/DVI/HDCP MANUFACTURERS!
The Scooterplex Cinema 1

·
Registered
133 Posts
Jim

I am with you. I have been patiently waiting for a PANAMORPH

since June 2000. I was told in January of 2001 that was about number 40 on the list. I am planning a vacation but don't know whether I need to Cygnus an alternate shipping address.

------------------

Jim Nissen

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Scott,

What's the latest on that? After they started threatening legal action did that ever get 169Time to respond? Or is it still as hopeless for them as it was a few weeks ago?

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
305 Posts
This isn't terribly comforting. I've tried to remain relatively quiet about my Panamorph.. perhaps that is the wrong approach. It would seem that the squeaky wheels get more attention.

Then I say:

S - Q -U - E - A - K , S - Q -U - E - A - K ! ! !

I ordered mine in December, so I don't expect to see it for a while. But I certainly don't want to find people who ordered after me to get it ahead of me, just because they were more noisy. (no offense to those in line behind me)

Like many others in line, I too would like some kind of confirmation. (email to cygnus didn't work for me either)

Shawn, don't take the wrong tone from this, I'm just anxious and excited, and I still have a hush box to hang.

Speaking of hushboxes and Panamorph; Was the heat issue ever resolved? I don't want to overheat the Panamorph.

Jeremy

PS: S - Q -U - E - A - K , S - Q -U - E - A - K ! !

------------------

D-ILA, HTPC, HDTV, Panamorph(?)

I want Buffy in HDTV!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Unfortunately, the fact is that Cygnus has our money and all we can do is wait. I've questioned where I am on the list in private email, but Cygnus/Shawn choose to remain silent. I've stated it before on another thread, and many others have asked -- WHERE ARE WE ON THE LIST? AM I EVEN ON THE LIST? Since my payment last year (at the $895 price), I've not heard anything from Cygnus.

I'm hoping there are not any line jumpers -- cause I'd really be mad!! SQUEAK, SQUEAK!! Wayne

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I think most of us are really trying hard not to be complainers but it is difficult when we are in the dark so much...

That's why threads like the "Who has received one and when did you order" have sprung up and as it seems some people in the first batch have not received their Pannies things are certainly not being dealt with on a first come first served basis...

A quick trawl through the archives shows at least one person who admits being a 'squeaky wheel' and is in the middle of the second batch is now holding their Pannie (you know who you are http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif )... All I can say is good luck to them but it does leave a bit of a sour taste that no one can get confirm or true schedule of shipping or production rates...

Its getting to the point where I may have to cancel my order (and I really don't want to) just because of timing... My HT will be put on ice (as I am emigrating) in mid Dec approx and it seems crazy to spend $$$ on a lens that I will receive in early Oct (??) 2 months use wont justify the price...

------------------

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Phat Phreddy (edited 08-22-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Well, I suppose that you could send them registered snail mail and CC the BBB if you can't get a response via email.

They can ignore that too but it's less likely if you seem to be the one in a hundred consumers that would actually try to cause trouble for them through channels.

In your case, it's also not really your problem to get a hold of Shawn. It's effectively AVS' responsibility regardless of disclaimers. This is a perception/reputation problem, not a legal one.

As great as the pannie seems to be, the customer service at Cygnus leaves much to be desired. I have no clue where I'm on the list or IF I'm still on the list months later or just lost in the ether.

I have to wonder how many of us who are patiently waiting are really on the ship list and not in la-la land like Jim.

Simon Wilson is coordinating a bazillion Antec 780B info requests by keeping a mailing list. That project seems to be infinitely better run than the "professional" project at cygnus. (BTW The fascia looks great)

How hard can it be for a company to get someone to spend a few hours and punch all our email addresses into a list and send some news and then slowly cycle through that list to send a confirmation email and a ETA? Heck, at least the mass mailing would mean "Yes, Cygnus is aware you're alive and that you paid for a pannie". It would also tell them something useful if they get a "bounced" message.

Stewart quality...what a laugh. None of the screen companies are as lacksidasical as Cygnus. ESPECIALLY when they have your money in hand.

I can't believe that we're so worried about offending a vendor for asking to do us the awesome favor of order confirmation. Give me a break.

Thank god I haven't moved or something. I wonder how many pannies are sitting on some coffe table as a paper weight because the new resident doesn't have a clue what it is. This "magically appearing" panamorph is a horrible idea.

My tone is "irritated". If this causes Cygnus to "lose" my order or shuffle it to last, then so be it.

But unless we stop being timid and start being irritated, they'll think everything is hunky dory with their customers.

Nigel

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
Count me in on the irritated list. I know I haven't been waiting near as long as most of you guys but I also paid more($1395). I don't expect to be shipped to before the early orders but I would like to be kept up to date on how orders are being processed. If I don't hear something soon I will also cancel my order.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nigel, I am afraid I have to agree with you. For at least six months I have been one of the people on the forum suggesting we cut Cygnus some slack and let them get on with it. I can even accept that it took this long to develop the product. A lot of things beyond their control seem to have happened. However, I simply can not understand why they could not answer my simple e-mail request to verify that I was on their order list. This turned out all the more problematic when it turned out they had lost my order and contact information. Just ONE e-mail and I would have been an anxious but basically happy customer. Is that really too much to ask.

Since I started this thread I feel somewhat justified in asking that people please keep a professional tone here. I KNOW that none of you can be more frustrated than I am right now with Cygnus, but I consider this discussion to be customer feedback and not a Cygnus-bashing thread (which we have already had too much of here).

By the way, Nigel I wouldn't worry about losing your place in line from voicing your frustration. I held my tongue for a year and often complimented and encouraged Cygnus on the forum and you can see what it got me http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Jim Tittle (edited 08-22-2001).]

·
Registered
28 Posts
I`m one of the latecomers to the Panamorph prebuy- I got in on the last day of the $1395 prebuy. Upon inqury a couple of days later, I received an email from Shaun at CGNS, stating that yes, they had received my order, and that I could expect shipping somewhere around the third week of august (this year, I presume). My calendar is very persistent in its effort to convince me that this IS the third week of august, but I have yet to receive any shipping info. Reading the posts from all you guys in the first prebuy who still haven`t received your Pannies, makes me kind of worried!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
just another little titbit culled from the archives (and please don't get me wrong I don't want to bash Cygnus, I really wish them all the best but it is hard to believe that the delays that have come about, have not come from communication problems and failures such as this)...

In a direct quote from Shawn on the topic of checking your order status..
Quote:
For this reason, as a minimum, we are providing delivery estimates to each customer against their direct inquiry. This estimate is currently limited to which week a unit is expected to ship. Each day our office manager answers these inquiries before processing the day's units. First units are guided by the list provided by AVScience. We currently have components in assembly for at least all units on this list
So anyone who ordered from AVS still not got their Pannie ?? Anyone feel that this statement is representative of what actually happens when making an email enquiry...

For the second time I am trying to buy a Pannie spot (the first was with Jim Saxon) this time from Jim Tittle, I hope that this one can get some kind of communication...

------------------

[email protected]

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still no e-mail reply from Cygnus.

Let's take a poll: Who was the last person to have an e-mail returned by cygnus? and on what date did this miraculous event happen?

Alan Gouger, could you please e-mail me the phone number for

Cygnus. I called AVS two days ago, and was told that you would send me an e-mail with the phone # to reach someone at Cygnus.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I emailed Shawn 7/26, and he replied the same day. He said that I should expect my unit in 30 days (best guess), which would make it this week. I emailed him yesterday asking where we stand now - I'll let you know if I hear back.

- Dave

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Hmm.

I'm in on the second prebuy, the one for $800. Anyone in that group gotten their Panny yet?

Dan

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shawn sent me an e-mail this morning and it looks like my situation is resolved. His answer was courteous, professional, and promised action. I'm not sure who's job it is to answer mail from the [email protected] address, but I appreciate Shawn getting back to me immediately when I e-mailed him directly.

I wish the rest of you luck getting your pannies, and it looks like things may be smoothing out soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.