AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you go about cleaning the panels?

Seems I read somewhere(I tried a search, can't find it)that someone had a dead or blue pixel and he took canned air and cleaned his panels and the blue pixel was gone! How do you do this? I have an AE100 and I don't even know where the panels are. I am a bit scared to take this thing apart, I don't want to screw it up. Any suggestions?

Also, someone in another post mentioned something about "turning off the power strip" to rid yourself of the stuck pixel. What does this mean and how do you do it? Two of us have responded to him in the previously mentioned post and he has not replied. Thank you.

I asked this question over in that "other" forum but as I was afraid of when we were split, no help so far.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Can't help you in taking apart the AE100 but on the powerstrip question...

Powerstrip is a program on a home theater computer (downloaded seperately) that allows you to set custom resolutions. It is only used if you have a HTPC. If you haven't downloaded it, then you are not using it and your stuck pixel is really a stuck pixel. The post stated that Powerstrip sometimes created the appearence of stuck pixels.

·
Registered
332 Posts
This is a web page about cleaning a Sanyo PLV-60.

http://www.blarg.net/~anderson/plv60.htm

Most LCD projectors are similar. I just responded to a post that I don't have the guts to do that, but you might.

There's also a thread somewhere where someone "fixed" a stuck on blue pixel by putting a small piece of yellow tape on their screen. Do a search on "stuck pixel".

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I cleaned out some dust blobs off my 11HT. It was quite easy. Do search on cleaning dust blobs.

Gus

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.