AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know if you're pressing the PJ to hard?

I changed the lenses on my Spny VPH-2030QM to a set of HD-144S. Then I had to increase the G2 a little to get the colours right.

I have always heard the crackle of the tubes but I imagine it has intensified lately ( increased G2? ). Found a black line on my blue tube and got rid of it thanks to the "magic pot" ( what is it, really? ).

When I searched this forum ( where else? ) for a solution to the black line I read that it was due to the correction of the image and someone said it was pressing the PJ to hard.

That makes me wonder...

:confused:

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
No, I doubt you are pressing it too hard. You can always start from scratch and turn all the pots on the convergence board to their center position. Then do the alignments carefully without over correcting. You will notice the difference in the amount of heat comming off the heatsinks on the convergence board. I also stuck a set of 4pole astig magnets on my sony, and really dialed in the focus on those tubes. You probably have SD-130 tubes, and they need all the help they can get to make a good bright picture. A little extra G2 won't hurt them.

I am quite pleased with my 2030, now a 1030 due to re-shimming the tubes and lenses. I started with all the pots in their center position and then converged, and it runs a lot cooler now.

Marc

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
How do you know if you're pressing the PJ to hard?

The blood test wasn't enough? Can't you leave a bit of mystery in things? When she shows you a new move or two, just appreciate it.. don't start wondering about that past... just take it as the fun that it is. Then show her a thing or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.