AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The remotes will have different configs, do you setup one login per remote on the logitech web site?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks Tons for that note. I just bought an 880 and I currently have a 680. According to how I read their website FAQ, all you had to do was plug in your new remote and it would update. Not true or I just simply misread what they said. I'm going to try to have a different signup.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM1
How do you manage multiple Harmony 880s?
One with the left hand, one with the right. (bu-du-da... thanks I'll be here all week)

But seriously, I would definitely recommend a different login for each remote even if you have identical configs in two separate rooms. Taking a little time now to set up each remote individually may save you some time in the future if you swap out a DVD player, cable box, etc in one room and not the other. It will also allow you to troubleshoot each remote individually if something should ever go wrong.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
One with the left hand, one with the right. (bu-du-da... thanks I'll be here all week)
your solution doesn't scale very well but it'll do for 2 remotes :)

Activities will be different but the underlying centrally controlled equipment will be the same. Was wondering if there's a way to export/sync the equipment list between configs actually.

If not, no big deal actually, just some duplication of effort.

Thanks.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM1
Was wondering if there's a way to export/sync the equipment list between configs actually.
You can probably call Harmony techs and they'd be happy to do that for you but considering how quick it is to set-up devices it may be faster & easier to just duplicate the effort yourself.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoteshoppe
You can probably call Harmony techs and they'd be happy to do that for you but considering how quick it is to set-up devices it may be faster & easier to just duplicate the effort yourself.
Yes, for most devices that would be the easiest solution. Re-learning USB-UIRT keys and changing intra-key delays on the Moto STB among other things takes just a bit longer but not much.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just a followup for those who stuggle (like I did) with 2 harmony remotes. In order to get the new 880 to properly function I ended up having to uninstall the logitech software I originally installed for my 680, then do an install of the software that came with the 880. Now the 880 works fine (finally). Don't know yet if I can get the 680 to work, I'll be testing that over the weekend!

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.