AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a special bracket to mount a G15 upside down? I looked through the owners manual and saw no reference on how to do it. I must be missing something obvious here. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Pete,

The 'feet' actually come completely out of their threaded holes in the bottom of the DILA. When you unscrew the feet, you'll notice at a certain point they just spin freely. You actually have to tug outward firmly until the plastic(I assume)keeper lets go. It breaks, in all truth. Then they'll unscrew all the way out.

Be careful! Those little plastic keepers can and will end up in your fan. Mine did and the unit had to go back to JVC. Had I known it was the keeper, I'd have probably taken the housing apart and tried to fix it myself.

Try to keep the DILA in as upright(non inverted) of a position as possible when you pull the feet out. This may help to keep these pieces off to the side and out the fan area.

FWIW.

Chris

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Hey, I just noticed my last post number matches my total width resolution of my G11. 1365. Cool! :D

Pete, take a look at these pics of how I mounted mine. It was quite simple. All credit goes to Mark Hunter for the ideas.

You'll need thread stock if you want to keep the DILA away from the board farther. Let me know if you need some. I got tons left over. :)

Chris

·
Registered
380 Posts
Also if you were to use something like Dave Beatty's hushbox it comes with the necessary hardware to mount the G-15 upside down inside the hushbox.

Larry

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CCLAY
Pete,

The 'feet' actually come completely out of their threaded holes in the bottom of the DILA. When you unscrew the feet, you'll notice at a certain point they just spin freely. You actually have to tug outward firmly until the plastic(I assume)keeper lets go. It breaks, in all truth. Then they'll unscrew all the way out.
Chris,

On my G15 - the thread on the feet has a "dead" area - a length of bolt that does not have any threads.

You have to unscrew the feet as if you were extending them - until you reach the "dead" area - then you can pull the

bolt freely for 1/2 inch - then you must continue to unscrew the bolt so that you engage the next and final part of the

threads in the nut mounted in the projector leg. Then you can screw the foot the rest of the way out.

Dr. Gregory Greenman

Physicist

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Don't forget to set the G15 for inverted operation by turning the screw on bottom of case (refer to your owners manual for exact location and its function information) fully counterclockwise as well...

-THTS

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
"You have to unscrew the feet as if you were extending them - until you reach the "dead" area - then you can pull the

bolt freely for 1/2 inch"

That is correct, but on my G11, there was a distinct 'tug' and 'snap' before that last little bit of thread would unscrew. There were others on the forum that had the same problem.

Perhaps they changed this design flaw on the G15.

Chris

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Pete,

If you get your G15 calibrated - be sure to tell your calibrator that the projector will be used in the inverted

position.

The "shading" adjustment is dependent on the orientation.

Dr. Gregory Greenman

Physicist

·
Registered
502 Posts
I will see no problem

There will be a lot of ceiling mounts for the G15; If there will be any problem, please send an e-mail; I will give some adresses of Europe, where you can look

hb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.