AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lot of movies that start with "The" and its annoying trying to find a movie like "The Incredibles" or "The Fly".

Should I erase "The" or place it after the movie name?

Incredibles.2004.BluRay.mkv

or

Incredibles,The.2004.BluRay.mkv

I have not decided on a media browser yet so this may not even matter...

·
Registered
243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador /forum/post/20831119

I have a lot of movies that start with "The" and its annoying trying to find a movie like "The Incredibles" or "The Fly".

Should I erase "The" or place it after the movie name?

Incredibles.2004.BluRay.mkv

or

Incredibles,The.2004.BluRay.mkv

I have not decided on a media browser yet so this may not even matter...

I have to manually sort mine in the GUI that I use they are on multiple drives. I omit the "the"

·
Registered
959 Posts
I leave the also but I use My Movies and it also when sorting by titles doesn't use the "the".

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
MediaBrowser has about a 99% hit rate to retrive MetaData and movie art if you use the movie name and the year it was released. For example Star Trek (2009). Media browser also ignores "The" when it sorts titles.

Mike

·
Registered
882 Posts
The name of the file itself doesn't mater, however, I use the exact name of the movie including 'The' and spaces. The only time I'll change it up is if the movie title has illegal filename characters in it.

A frontend program, like Media Browser, fixes all sorting issues. I use MetaBrowser to generate the metadata. I'll often times change up the Sort Title so things appear in the order in which I want them to.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bumping old thread, another question.

I plan on building a HTPC sometime this month and need to prepare my movie folder structure. I don't know what software I'll be using but most likely Windows Media Center.

How is this?
X:\\Movies\\ Avatar (2009)\\Avatar.mkv

or
X:\\Movies\\ Avatar (2009)\\Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay.DTSMA.mkv

Does it matter how I name the .mkv?
X:\\Movies\\ Avatar (2009)\

andom file name.mkv

I'd like my folder structure and movies to be compatible with most media browsers and be able to retrieve metadata without a problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.