AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I dont think that you can. I have had hundreds of DVD's and the only ones I have ever seen that use angles are the pr0n ones. Are you watching pr0n ?

LOL just playing........

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Trying to watch anime that has multiple angles due to different credit sequences and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the on screen display icon in the upper right corner that shows that alternate camera angles are available.

I'm using HD-A1. I apologize if this is a stupid question.

But, can somebody please just answer this for me real quick?!

EDIT: OK, so I see somebody else is asking this but still nobody knows? LINK: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=791319

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
OKAY, I FIGURED IT OUT!

I'll admit that I hadn't tried much before asking the original question but was just looking for a fast and easy answer.

The way to do it is actually very simple and like every other DVD player I've seen that allows you to turn off this icon.

You just need to get to the setup menu of the player - go to "General" - then "OSD" and turn it off.

OSD means on-screen display. The setup button can be found hidden underneath the bottom sliding silver panel on your "old-style" A1 remote.

Just open the player so the disc tray is out and then hit that set-up button and go from there.

THANK GOD, I figured this out and that it wasn't some kind of thing that needed a firmware update or I would have gone bat-**** crazy. The A1's upconversion blows away the Oppo - especally on the black-levels in anime where it's extremely important/noticeable. If I would have had to go back to the Oppo just cuz of that annoying icon - I would have killed somebody.

Okay, well, - now all is well...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
(the below is from my other thread that I started originally asking the same question)

OKAY, I FIGURED IT OUT!

I'll admit that I hadn't tried much before asking the original question but was just looking for a fast and easy answer.

The way to do it is actually very simple and like every other DVD player I've seen that allows you to turn off this icon.

You just need to get to the setup menu of the player - go to "General" - then "OSD" and turn it off.

OSD means on-screen display. The setup button can be found hidden underneath the bottom sliding silver panel on your "old-style" A1 remote.

Just open the player so the disc tray is out and then hit that set-up button and go from there.

THANK GOD, I figured this out and that it wasn't some kind of thing that needed a firmware update or I would have gone bat-**** crazy. The A1's upconversion blows away the Oppo - especally on the black-levels in anime where it's extremely important/noticeable. If I would have had to go back to the Oppo just cuz of that annoying icon - I would have killed somebody.

Okay, well, - now all is well...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 /forum/post/0

I dont think that you can. I have had hundreds of DVD's and the only ones I have ever seen that use angles are the pr0n ones. Are you watching pr0n ?

LOL just playing........

I'm actually watching an anime.. LOL

The different angles change the credits to Japanese/English

And thanks Akuma, that seems to be the fix.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Good to know that you guys got it worked out. However if you turn off the OSD then how do you know when there is a part of the disk that has other available angles in the first place ? Unless on the disks that you mention the entire disk has multiple angles. You loose play, FF,RW, ect but I guess those are not needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.