Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have the following setup with my HDTV/UHF antenna and my DirecTV satellite dish. My antenna came with a pair of diplexers. This allows to me to connect both the satellite dish and UHF antenna on the roof to one diplexer on the roof. The diplexer on the roof then connects to a single RG-6 cable down to my living room. Then, the second diplexer in my living room splits the signal back to separate outputs (Satellite IN and Antenna IN) going to my HDTV DirecTV receiver.

(See attached diagram--To those of you who are wondering why I am going through the mess of this diplexer stuff, the other 3 of my 4 DirecTV outputs from the dish going into the house are being used by other DirecTV receivers)

Anyway, the one thing I am afraid of is that lightning could strike the antenna on the roof, and send a blast of electrical energy straight into my HDTV receiver through the Sat IN and Antenna IN jacks, thereby frying it. I would like to know a simple, cheap, and effective way to ground the antenna and/or the entire system to protect my equipment.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Answered in the Local Info and reception forum. Please don't post the same question multiple times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.