AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not exactly HD-related, but close. I have a DTC-100, which has 1 S-video output. I want to feed two devices from it (other than my HD monitor, and yes I know that only one of the HD and S-video can be active at a time). So, how can I split this signal without losing quality?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Good luck.. your bet bet would be to just get a video switch and switch from one to the other but you cannot have both active at the same time.. otherwise you could use the svideo for the higher quality monitor and regular video for the lower quality one. Both shoudl work at the same time and there really isnt a huge difference bewteen the two (on bigger screens it is definatly more noticable though)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The video switcher is the way to go. Look at the JVC line of "x" switchers. Many of them have up to 4 outputs from 1 input. They run about $200 to $300. They will also as a side benefit convert Composite into S-Video. They also will switch audio.

Lee

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts
try Video Accessory Corp Y/C Video Distribution Amp model YCVB/VDA www.vac-brick.com

not cheap but excellent 1X4

·
Registered
124 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't rlsmith want more than one output from one input. Most switches receive multiple inputs that are switched to one output, are they not? (I have a $80 Sony SB-V55A switch that does this, which also converts S-video to and from composite video.)

I think what you need is an S-video distribution amplifier. I have one from TecNec that duplicates an S-video signal into four S-video outputs, without any noticeable loss in PQ.

Dewi

TecNec S-Video Distribution Amplifier
Sony SB-V55A

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I ended up buying a couple of Sima SVS-4. My local Best Buy had them for $99. It is a 4 input video switcher with 2 outputs. If you want you can use it as only a splitter.

Dino

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
I had heard, about a year ago, that someone was coming out with an svideo splitter. It's was the real deal, and would cost like $100. But I've still not seen a basic s-video splitter. The 1->4 looks like the best bet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.