AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung HL67A750, and an AV123 MFW-15. The plastic front screen on the TV rattles when the bass gets good.

Anyone else with an RPTV have this problem and know a way to stop it? I've searched AVS but haven't found anything immediately obvious. Adding mass to the screen should keep it from rattling, but I don't want to put stuff on the front, and I hesitate to open the back of the screen. Any ideas are much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
If the screen rattles you are probably also rattling the moving parts inside the tv and soon something will break. You might want to move the sub further away from the tv or turn it down rather than do anything to the screen. It's a good early warning system that you are subjecting your tv to too much vibration.

·
Registered
701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradenmcg /forum/post/15442226

What moving parts?

LED DLP.

No colorwheel. Nothing moves other than a small cooling fan.

I would suspect it still doesn't like to be constantly shaken.

The A750 series is known for having a weak cabinet so your only options are to move the sub further away, turn it down, or live with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's solid state electronics, vibration won't hurt it unless it has a manufacturing defect (bad solder joint or something). Plus, the components don't vibrate much as they are attached to the solid cabinet. The screen is kind of "floating" in there and the air movement is what's causing the rattle.

I'm thinking maybe I can wedge some small pieces of paper or foam between the front of the frame and the screen, and hopefully it doesn't block the picture...

·
Registered
3,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayselle /forum/post/15442612

I would suspect it still doesn't like to be constantly shaken.

The A750 series is known for having a weak cabinet so your only options are to move the sub further away, turn it down, or live with it.

Can you elaborate on the weak cabinet statement?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only thing I can think of re: weak cabinet is that the plastic housing is fairly thin and probably can't take much weight or pressure without cracking.

You can't put a heavy center channel on top, for instance. I wouldn't want to try and lift it by its sides or back either, grab from the bottom.

Otherwise, I have no idea what he means by "weak."

·
Registered
701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenC56 /forum/post/15442790

Can you elaborate on the weak cabinet statement?

Read through the A750 threads. It's one of the common complaints. It's not much of an issue unless you're constantly moving the set or trying to put a center channel on top with one of those universal mounts. And now apparently if you have a massive sub woofer cranked up sitting next to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.