AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am transferring my MIT MyHD card from one computer into another computer that has the Immersive H3D processor card installed therein. The computer that has the H3D card is a legacy free motherboard, meaning the motherboard has no serial ports. The IR receiver for the H3D is supplied by Streamzap, and plugs into a USB port.

The MyHD card includes its own IR receiver that plugs into a serial port. When I combine both cards into one computer, I do not want to use the IR receiver that came with the MyHD card. That is, I want to use the USB IR receiver that came with the Immersive H3D card for controlling both the H3D and the MyHD cards.

What do I have to do (if anything) to get this to work? I tried installing the MyHD card and s/w in the computer that already has the H3D, but when the computer is started, I get an error message stating that the MyHD IR receiver can not be found.

BTW, I am running version 2, beta 1 of the H3D s/w, and was trying to install beta 3 of the MyHD s/w.

Thanks

Steve

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,467 Posts
Steve,

I am running both cards in one computer. I use an Evation IRMan and control both apps, as well as TheaterTek and DScaler, through Girder, using a Pronto to control everything. I don't know if either the MyHD or H3D receivers are capable of controlling the other, so I can't be of much help there. If you decide to use the IRMan, Girder, and a Pronto, I can make your life very very easy! :)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob:

Where would I get IRMan and Girder. Also, is the IRMan a USB device or a serial port device. My motherboard has 8 USB ports and 3 Firewire ports, but no serial ports.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
83 Posts
Steve,

I am in a similar situation as I wait for my USB-UIRT to arrive. I've got both cards running in the same computer with the Streamzap receiver mounted inside the case for now. I don't know how you could do this without using Girder, so I would read Bob's excellent tutorial on installing Girder & the various files he & his "gang" has put together here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=224077

You'll also need to install the Streamzap/Girder Plug-in available here: http://www.streamzap.com/downloads/girder/index.html

Trouble is, once you install the plug-in, you'll lose all the macros in the Streamzap remote, so it'll only communicate with Girder. Because I use Dscaler with the H3D card, I set that up yesterday based on Bob's .GML file. I've got a Pronto TS1000 that I'll be learning commands to a Theater Master MX-700 with (gotta love those hard buttons), but I couldn't get the Streamzap receiver to accept the Pronto's IR signals. So what I did was go into the DScaler GML & change the Learn Event codes to IR input from the Streamzap remote & "learn" those directly to the MX-700. Only problem is you've only got 34 buttons on the Streamzap remote, so you've got to be somewhat selective about how much you want to control in DScaler.

Mind you, this is just a temporary work-around until I get the USB-UIRT, when I can use the full functionality of the Pronto .CCF file.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dennis,

Please keep me appraised of what you are doing. This might be what I need. BTW, I also have a MX-700 that I could use to control the cards. I will read Bob's tutoroial, but I must confess to be a total novice in this area. Thus, any any you and anyone else can offer is greatly appreciated.

Steve

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,467 Posts
Steve, the best thing to do is to read the complete tutorial first, and then come back and ask specific questions. I will be more than happy to help out with whatever I can.

I now own three different IR recievers - the IRMan, UIRT2, and USB-UIRT. Since the latest beta of the MyHD software has been released as version 1.60, I am going to do a new CCF/GML combo very soon, and I am going to attempt to support all three IR devices in one file (by simply attaching 3 eventstrings per command). I don't know if this will work, but we will all find out pretty soon. Please watch for a new thread announcing the new combo.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Steve,

Another suggestion is to go ahead & install Girder & go through their short "Getting Started" tutorial. It'll give you a better handle on what Girder does. I think once you start to explore the capabilities of Girder, you're going to want to control a lot more than just the two cards.

Having just received notification that my USB-UIRT has shipped, I'm not going to spend any more time on trying to get the Streamzap remote/receiver combo to work with Girder. It seems the remote's functionality is just too limited to do much.

In your situation (no serial inputs, just USB), I would seriously look into the USB-UIRT (Jon's a great guy to deal with).

I just recently picked up the Pronto TS1000 on ebay for less than 100 bucks specifically for inputing .CCF files into the MX-700, although you could just create a new device in your MX-700 using pre-programed code that doesn't match any of your other equipment and use those IR signals for the "Learn Event" in Bob's files.

Bob,

I sure appreciate all the work you've put in creating these CCF/GML combos, & look forward to the new MyHD files. You've certainly made life easier for us Girder novices.

Dennis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.