AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to HD via satellite and I'm about to buy a Mits SR-4 reciever that has APG. I will have an antenna for local HDTV and I was just wondering how this guide will get program info for these local stations. does it download them from the built in modem or from the satellite? thanks.

------------------
ADebars>
Mitsubishi WT-46807 Widescreen HDTVs>
JVC XV-S65 Progressive Scan DVD Players>
General Instruments HDD-200 HDTV Decoders>
Time Warner - Houston HD Services>
My DVDs - DVD Profilers>

Danger! Danger! Danger!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TomF. That was very helpful.

and thanks for the links rudolpht.

------------------
ADebars>
Mitsubishi WT-46807 Widescreen HDTVs>
JVC XV-S65 Progressive Scan DVD Players>
General Instruments HDD-200 HDTV Decoders>
Time Warner - Houston HD Services>
My DVDs - DVD Profilers>

Danger! Danger! Danger!

[This message has been edited by ADebar (edited 09-09-2001).]

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just for reference, the Mits receiver is a SR-HD5. It will probably make it easier if you're looking for info if you're searching for the correct name.

It's also referred to as the SR-HD400 and the SR-HD500, but these are just packaging designations. The SR-HD500 is the SR-HD5 packaged with a 24" elliptical dish, the SR-HD400 is a SR-HD5 receiver packaged w/o the dish.

To answer your question, the SR-HD5 downloads all of it's program data from the satellite. It has menu options that allow you to specify what type of inputs you have (OTA, sat, cable). Then by specifying a zip code, you can specify your cable provider and two local areas. The second local area is good if you're receiving OTA signals from two different cities. I have mine set up so that I get program data from San Diego and LA.

[This message has been edited by TomF (edited 09-09-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.