AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With our Passive 3D sets this was pretty straightforward, but coming up with a way to charge/maintain/store 10 pairs of Active 3D glasses that looks clean and presentable is presenting me with a bit of a challenge.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Probably because we usually only have 3-4 pairs and just charge it up once and leave it. We don't watch 3D 24 hours a day so once charged, they only need charging once a month or so.

Others like me just plan ahead and charge them the day before we plan on watching. They don't take that long and usually are micro USB so a bank of chargers isn't too hard to set up if you need it. Then again, I just plan ahead and use my Ultra D monitor at work :).

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just clean and charge after each use. Then toss them in the bag, and forget about them till I need them again. That way, next time I use them, they're always perfect. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weird. We use the 3D daily and not monthly, so leaving 4-10 pairs of 3D glasses charging at all times looks ridiculous. I am crazy amazed that nobody in here has created a cool looking charging/storage station for them. Guess I am on my own for this project. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
The way my entertainment center is setup I keep 3/4 of my glasses hooked up to the USB cable that I have connected to my PS3 that I routed into a draw with a see through glass on top. Its cables are ran through the back so you can't see them. I will have to take pics for you to understand what I am talking about though.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The way my entertainment center is setup I keep 3/4 of my glasses hooked up to the USB cable that I have connected to my PS3 that I routed into a draw with a see through glass on top. Its cables are ran through the back so you can't see them. I will have to take pics for you to understand what I am talking about though.
That sounds pretty cool. I might try to do something similar when I see the pic and try to find a 10 outlet USB charger.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That sounds pretty cool. I might try to do something similar when I see the pic and try to find a 10 outlet USB charger.
Sorry for the late reply but here are the pics

Still settling in my new place as I just moved here a couple months ago

Attachments

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I found this metal thing out in garage. I think it was out there when I bought my house ten years ago. Kept moving it around, had no use for it tell now, so it's now a 3D glasses holder. It's solid metal, doesn't move around when I remove glasses. Holds 7.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts