Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm affraid I've got a little left behind with HiFi systems and would like to know how my present system might compare to an equivalent modern day system. My present system consists of:

Maranz CD 63SE CD Player

NAD 306 Integrated Amplifier

2x Bose 50 watt Speakers

This is only a modest system but was good in it's day - I think it is about 7 to 8 years old.

I know technology has moved on but I'm not sure how far it's advanced in the world of HiFi. So what I would like to know is:

1. Which component should I upgrade first for the biggest improvement to my system?

2. Bearing in mind that my system is about 7 years old would any improvement be significant - in otherwords would an upgrade really be worth it, has sound quality greatly improved over the past 7 - 8 years?

Any help greatly appreciated

dandino

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
CD player will be fine for redbook CD. Your NAD will still be great for 2ch audio but you might want to consider getting a receiver (DD, DTS and multi-channel sources like SACD, DVD-A, etc.).

IMO, the speakers are the first thing you should upgrade. Getting a quality set of monitor sized speakers and a decent subwoofer will dramatically improve the sound of your system. I suggest the sub/sat over a tower speaker because I feel these offer the best performance in the sub $3k price range.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.