AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lets get started, I have a problem which some maybe aware of and some don't really care about, that is ringing around all my analog movies meaning that it dosen't show on the desktop nor a digitized movie like Monsters Inc only with movies like LOTR TT's, this has to be the worst of them all. I've tried all the players with windvd having the best success, as far as the ringing is concerned it displays it the least, there are many features that aren't had with windvd such as clarity, this is were Theatertek wins hands down. The pic is crispier more lively, but its filters aren't so great to reduce the ringing. I like TT the best, I have used it with ffdshow and is to kill for but still the ringing persists. Talked to Mike Parker about his mod which some say will eliminate the ringing, as per him it will but he can't guarantee that it will , yes that is what the man told me I can understand what he is saying I too would not guarantee it, not knowing what other problems a particular system maybe having. I like to have the mod done but only if it will clear the problem, does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so has anyone had this problem and what was the cure, did the MP-1 mod do the trick? Please all I need your help.

·
Registered
925 Posts
The ringing might be "edge enhancement" that is introduced at the DVD encoding stage, so you might be SOL at trying to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If you are not seeing it with the desk top, it is not in your hardware. It is either in the source material, or in the processing done on the signal. The two possibilities are edge enhancement (sharpness), and mpeg artifacts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.