AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The subject line pretty much says it all. I should receive my new Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX in the next week or so. I've heard the remote that comes with it is pretty good. How does it compare to the Marantz RC2000 MkII I've used for the last 5 years?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I can only say that my family used to be afraid of toughing my HT setup. Now they are very familiar with it. Comparing all receivers I auditioned, my final decision was largely based on the ease of use for the 45tx. I had several receivers in my house at the same time, and I purchased a ProntoNeo. I spent several hours programming the Neo via computer and learning to operate my several components. In the end, I decided I liked the 45tx the most for several reasons. However, the most dominant reason was because of the ease of use for my entire system with the supplied 45tx remote. I returned the Neo along with the other AV receivers that didn't match my needs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As a follow up question on this, I have looked at the 45tx manual and cannot tell for certain if the remote will easily handle the DirecTivo functions for a Philips DSR6000. Has anyone used the 45tx remote with a DirecTivo and how well does it work?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I use the 45tx remote with the dishnetwork pvr-508. I had to "learn" the functions to the 45tx remote, but they fit very logically where the VCR functions normally are asigned. I have had absolutely no problem, and I have never had a need to use the supplied pvr-508 remote. I am not certain if the two are identical, but they should at least be similar.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coach, thank you! I use the dishnetwork pvr-508 also. I was dying to know how that would work with the supplied 45TX remote. In fact, I started a thread trying to find who made it, just in case I can use one of the code presets...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=251556

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.