AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it the same transfer in all cases? I'm just wondering because I thought the HD DVD of "An American Werewolf in London" looked pretty decent, but when I compared it to the SD side, I was able to see how much detail was gained.

The only other combo disc I have is Superman, but I haven't bothered with the SD side yet. I might now, though, just to see if the difference is dramatic there, too. (I'm pretty sure it won't be AS dramatic since it's a new movie and was released in an age where pretty much all DVD transfers are well done...well, well done compared to when the Werewolf DVD was authored.)

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I have not compared any of mine, but there is no reason to expect the SD side of a combo disc to be any different from a standard DVD of the same master/version. Combo discs can have two DVD layers and two HD DVD layers.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I don't think we will ever find out because I know my SD-Side will never get used, ever. The only thing I could possibly think of the combo as being useful is for kids movies on the go, other then that I will watch them on my big screen.

·
Banned
434 Posts
I've took a quick look at the std def on a few combo disc's, and I thought that the quality was terrible, but Igotten used to the HD DVD quality, so it's probably hard to judge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.