AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm getting a new AV receiver today, probably this one:

Denon 5.2 Wireless Bluetooth AV receiver.

My question is, if I plug my PC into the Receiver from my video card via HDMI, I'll get 5.1 sound in games right? Then I have to have HDMI from th receiver into my Sony Bravia TV I understand. But does this mean that every time I want to use the PC, I have to have the receiver on to get any video signal?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Yes, unless the AVR has a feature called "HDMI standby" (also called "HDMI pass-through").

Denon AVRs have this feature - but check the specs on your specific model to make sure...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Denon 5.2 Wireless Bluetooth AV receiver --> It doesn't tell us which model :)

To answer your question: YES.
PC to Receiver with HDMI (input) - OK
Then, Receiver to TV with HDMI (output) - OK

Your receive will be the central point of your setup. So it must be on to use PC and TV. If your receiver is off, the signal from your PC to your TV will not pass:
PC on --> Receiver on --> TV on = ok
If receiver off: PC on --> Receiver off = TV nothing

FYI: make sure you set up your OS (operating system) to play 5.1. If windows, on the bottom right click on the AUDIO icon, then SOUNDS. You will have to set up the 5.1. It's fairly easy.

I hope this help :) Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The model no is: AVRX510

Found a manual for the AVRX510BT version. I think that's the same thing though, as BT probably just stands for Bluetooth and the AVRX510 I'm looking at has bluetooth. The manual said it has HDMI standby Pass through, which I guess means I'm all set and don't need the receiver on always for the PC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.