AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a theater with 2 or 3 rows of seats. While I think I have most of the dimensions down, I'm not certain how far to space out the rows (i.e., the full distance - how far the back of each chair should be from the back of the ones in front/behind).

I am thinking of going with Acoustic Innovations deco line. I'm having trouble reading their website, but it seems to say that when reclined the chairs and people stretch for 83". That doesn't seem possible as it's longer than a fully stretched person!

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
thegratingone,

What you need to do is approximate the chairs in their reclined position and give aproximately 2-2.5 feet maybe more, maybe less for an isle to walk through.

This undoubetedly will vary especially not knowing the dimensions of your theater.

Best bet is to put a regular chair in the space and have someone recline, add the extra distance, this should give you an approximation.

Also keep in mind those recliner backs might move back quite a bit

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello:

I have two rows of seats with LazyBoy rockers in front and Wall-a-ways in the rear. The rear seats are against a wall and are on a raised platform which is 66 inches front to back. The seats are 38" wide and staggered, not one behind the other, and there is no interference between the front one and those in the rear if the front seats are not fully reclined. The fact they are staggered makes this arrangement possible although if one seat were behind the other if probably would still work because we never fully recline the front ones.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Richard

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello again:

I forgot to add that we went to the LazyBoy store, obtained litreature with the chair dimensions and sat in and measured several chairs on the showroom floor. Also, I did not plan of someone being able to walk in front of the rear chairs when they were in the reclined position with the foot rest up and the black reclined. If someone needs to get up the person in the reclined chair only has to put the foot rest down so that person can pass. BTW my HT seating area is 20' x 20' and the total room dimensions are 20' x 30'

Regards,

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.