1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide on 3 brands of speakers: Onyx Rocket rs750

Axiom M60

Swan 6.1

I've heard the axioms (liked them)waiting to hear the others any thoughts would help. I have a yamaha 2500 to drive them

Now for the question how far away from the back wall (not the side)do each of the speakers need to be for the best sound? Is 12" enough?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I'm not familiar with the other brands, however at least with the Axioms you want to leave some room for the low bass port to be able to breath out the back. I assume most speakers with rear ports follow this logic. It really depends on what you think sounds good and your room characteristics. If your limited on space, you don't have to have them 12" out, mine are actually more like 10" from the back wall and I've heard other people on the Axiom message board have them closer yet. :) Good luck on your purchase and I hope to see you soon as a regular on the Axiom forum ;)

Randy

Axiom M60's VP150 EP350 4-Qs8's (7.1)

Denon 2805

Sanyo Z2 Projector

Panasonic S97S DVD

Samsung HD tuner

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I suggest the 550 Rockets over the 750 sigs (which I used to own).

If you really like the Axioms, you're probably better off going with them than speakers you have not heard.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Unless your room is very small, give them some room to breathe. My room is rather large so my speakers are 7' from the rear wall. Why not start at 3 or 4'?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have Axiom M60s 16" from the back wall. You have to experiment a little with positioning until you find a good spot. Far away from the back wall is not always better. Let your ears decide.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll have to experiment a little.

gonna listen to the rockets next sat. will let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.