AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how sturdy are lcd screens? I hear a lot of stories about wii incidents. My gf bought us a new 60" set and I have been a bit paranoid around it. We don't have a wii and are careful but these are quite a large investment for being so fragile.

I wouldn't leave my speakers uncovered so why the tv? I'm wondering if something like tv armor would make me feel better. I've heard mixed things on if they effect pq. Anyone have ideas for a simple diy protector?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
All flat panel TVs are "fragile" if they are struck with any major force. That's why Wii controllers have straps on them.

Anything you add to the front of the TV screen WILL lower the picture quality. If you exercise normal care, you (she) will be fine. Just watch the drunken brawls and little kids with crayons and other toys.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Many LCD's have a glass cover over the screen....does your screen have a shiny finish or a matte finish? If matte, it's more vulnerable, but in my years of LCD ownership, the only thing I've had to deal with are fingerprints....those are usually fairly easy to deal with. Don't worry about it too much and keep it far enough off the ground to be out of reach of kids (if any are ever present)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've had a few LCDs over the years the only problem was in the process of moving my 17" PC monitor got cracked. I dare to say this is more my fault than that of the product since I probably set something heavy on it without knowing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.