AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am lucky enough to live right across the street from a guy who works at InFocus... He brought over a Screenplay 110 for me to check out. No, I don't get to keep it :rolleyes: . I have a white sheet up acting as a screen. Is it safe to say that using a sheet will not produce a good projection surface to give you a nice indication of the projectors full potiential?

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am temporarily using a $6 white sheet from walmart stapled to a 2x6 at top and a 1x3 at bottom for tensioning weight. Ok, it's still wrinkled and not terribly flat, but with my 75U it looks quite good. I have a sample of Dalite Matte white which has noticable more gain and better color rendering, but all in all, the white sheet is a pretty good value for dollar (or $6).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i suppose the value is good. but the color seemed a bit washed out to me.

heh. no pun intended. :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
The sheet reflects very little light compared to a screen. If your wall is white, it would be a better screen than the sheet. You can paint either the wall, or the sheet for about $10 and get a much better image. I painted my second screen with "Behr" paint, the color I used was "Silverware".

My screen has gone through several evolutions. I sed a piece of plywood for awhile - also painted a dhade of white.

Presently I am using blackout (A material used on the back of heavy draperies, it is a nice white vinyl on a thick cotton material. Some people paint the cotton material. I am projecting directly onto the vinyl part. It looks fine. Meanwhile, I'm saving my pennies for a real screen.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So basically, the white sheet is hindering the full possibilities of the image being projected? Yes?

Thanks

·
Registered
890 Posts
A white sheet is not going to give you a good image. Problem is that light passes through it and a good chunk is lost instead of reflected back.

As suggested, a white wall is heaps better(if you have one).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.