AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have got the dreaded tuner failure. I have been trying all the "tricks" for about 3 months, and no luck. Now, with football season here, I had to switch UTV's to get PIP in the living room. But, the (limping) RCA is louder in the bedroom, and the wife said it has to go.

Everything else works great, so I don't want to get rid of it, but I got the impression that swapping out tuners is difficult. Getting it repaired is out of the question, as cash is tight with a new baby.

How hard/expensive is it to fix the dead tuner myself? And, if it is real challenging for the not-so-good-at-soldering, what is the value of this thing? Will I be able to sell it for enough to get a plain old receiver?

Jeff

·
Registered
354 Posts
How long has your loud limping RCA been in the bedroom? Your wife will get used to the background noise after a few more nights.

Trust me. You can't go back to a regular IRD after UltimateTV. Even with only one tuner you are still FAR better off than a regular unit. Our guide is the best one out there by a long shot. Not to mention rewind, pause, & RECORDING!!!!!!:D

Trying to go back to a regular receiver will cause nosebleeds, headaches, high blood pressure, & ulcers. (Yeah I know wives can too but this one is preventable.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, true, but the other three receivers in the house are regular IRD's, so it won't be that big of a deal.

And, wife has been working on "getting used to it" for 3 weeks now. Ain't happening!!

So, if anyone thinks it is sellable, pm me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.