AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Screen placement help - I'm going to be using a Sony 10ht with a Greyhawk 54x96 screen. My ceilings are 11 feet high. I would like to have the screen be as high on the wall as possible without it looking awkward, so the projector doesn't have to hang too low. I was thinking I could have the screen bottom be 3 1/2 ft from the floor. That would have the projector hanging down from the ceiling 3 ft. I would rather have the drop from ceiling to projector be less, but don't know how it would look. It there a rule of thumb for this or do you have recommendations? By the way, the seating area is around 15 ft from the screen.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
There was a thread in the Screens forum less than a month ago where several members posted their configurations with regard to screen height. You might check there. Also, maybe there is a long throw lens that could allow you to shoot from a shelf in the back of the room? That may not be terribly affordable. The Panamorph lens will also give you some extra drop. I'm not sure if that is enough to help, but there is a calculator at Cygnus to help out.

Good luck!

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hello Josh

I have a 52 X 92 High Power Da-lite model B screen. My seating is 18 Ft and the screen bottom is 55 inches from the floor. I am sure that this is not the conventional method to mount the screen but it works great for us. My eye level is approximately 40 inches while seated. To be honest once the movie starts we never even notice looking up at the screen. The screen comes down to the top of our entertainment center. Good luck and happy viewing. John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.